- Ensure that you have a Clear Vision and Direction for your Website
- Create your Content Marketing Strategy from the Onset
- Define and Understand your Target Audience
- Set Realistic Future Goals for Scalability
- Determine Ways to Engage your Audience
Table of Contents
1. The Vision and Direction for your WebsiteBefore you get too caught up in the look and feel of your website you need to have a clear understanding of the long term vision and direction of your website. Knowing this before designing your website can help you pinpoint certain aspects of the design that lends to your website’s purpose. To help you craft a vision and focus the direction of your website ask yourself the following questions:
- What purpose will my website serve?
- What type of website will help better serve my audience? (Blog, e-commerce store, member’s site, information centre, etc.)
- How will my website benefit my audience?
- What will draw users to my website?
2. Creating your Content Marketing StrategyHaving a great Content Marketing Strategy from the onset is the perfect way to ensure your website’s long term success. No matter what type of website you decide to build, sharing valuable content is a must to boost SEO and give value to your audience. Every website should have a blog. Yes, you read that correctly. Businesses that have a blog have higher conversion rates. If you want to be an authority in your field then creating useful content is the way to do it. Take the time to plan the content out by using a content calendar. You want to have a variety of content on your website in the form of a long-form blog post that explains a problem, short blog posts, visual content, audio content, videos. Keep the content relevant to your website’s purpose. Your content’s purpose should be designed to attract, retain and convert your new visitors and keep the loyal ones coming back for more.
3. Define, Know and Understand Your Target AudienceThis goes back and ties into having a clear vision for your website. Once you know the purpose you can then target your audience. You need to understand how your audience thinks, how they react to various forms of content, what their wants and needs are. Knowing the demographic you are catering to is important to tailoring content to them and marketing. Continually check metrics on how your users are interacting and engaging with your website so you can better improve the content you create for them and the marketing strategies you use going forward. This ensures that your audience continues to grow and come back.
4. Set Realistic Future Goals of ScalabilityScalability Potential is essential for the continued success of any business. Therefore it is imperative to set future goals to ensure that growth is steady. You want these goals to be realistic and not too lofty. If you hope to become the leader in your field that goal setting and whatever frequency you wish is the best way to get there. You want to always set rewards for milestones you achieve as well as this keeps your own momentum up. Always leave room for expansion.
5. Engaging Your AudienceGrabbing your audience attention and leading them to your website is one thing but holding their attention and getting them to complete a call to action or convert is another thing entirely. You need to give your audience exactly what you promised because that is why they came. You have what they want to always give it to them with a cherry on top. If your audience is coming to you for quality content and information then you must ensure that you continuously provide that content as promised.
Give users extensive and informative guides in the form of long-form blog posts, explore e-books, white papers, swipe files and videos.Ensure that all of your content has stunning visual elements to grab the eye and hold the attention. Make your content delectable for consumption. If your users are coming to a shop on your website for products they just have to have then make sure those products are easy to find with great descriptions and multiple viewing options. Whatever your audience craves be the one to give it to them with a click of a button.